Thursday 19 November 2009

Running before I can walk?

I'm in two minds as to whether I should have gone live with the site as it is, or carried on testing it offline...however, I know that maybe if I hadn't have uploaded it then, I might never have as I would have spent ages perfecting things, and my motivation has been to do a little bit every day, having jumped in at the deep end...

I guess it's a great achievement to have the site up and running in the state it's in within 4 days of starting my blog...now I need to concentrate on adding loads more icons, and need to start to "design" the site; giving it a logo, banner, a better layout, and more thought to fonts and colours, etc

I've submitted the site to Google, Yahoo and Bing, so hopefully it will start to appear in search results. We had a guy come into work and give a seminar about search engine optimisation (SEO)...one of the things he talked about was giving your page a title, including some keywords, so I've done that and will continue to incorporate his ideas from the notes I made

1 comment:

  1. I forgot, I haven't actually posted the link! Here it is...

    http://www.yewhew.com

    Yew hew - a new, icon-based portal to your favourite websites in one click

    ReplyDelete