Thursday 6 March 2014

Affiliation application

I've owned my web domain since late 2009...I bought it as an experiment - a test to see if I could build a simple website...something to practice on

It lay dormant for years, while I've been busy freelancing...I even stopped blogging about my website in 2011, and started blogging about freelancing instead

Yet, get this; my "dot com" blog - which I stopped adding to, over 2 years ago - has 1,255 views...yet my freelance one - which I took more seriously, and only stopped adding to about 4 months ago - only has 324 views!

Ok, fair enough, the dot com blog is a lot older (started Nov 2009) vs my freelance one (started Dec 2012), but I actually stopped adding to my old one in March 2010...and the Oct 2011 entry was a one-off...yet the traffic to it is still quite high, even though I don't promote it!

Anyway...after all these years, the site has remained pretty much untouched...I've finally decided to take the plunge and do something with it...inspired by "King Human" of YouTube fame, I've applied for an affiliate scheme with Amazon...if it works, I hope to apply it to more/most/all of my links on there, and maybe start to make a little something off of it?

I will update my blog when I hear the result of my application...wish I'd known about this in the first place! Wonder how much I might have made in the process? And how much more I would have stayed involved in my little experiment...

No comments:

Post a Comment